Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

I want so badly to travel. Maybe I have a little gypsy blood in me or something. I just want to go places and see things and I fear that I will die before I get to all the places in the world that are just sitting there, being amazing or beautiful or breathtaking. Waiting. For me. Places like:
 (Pictures from National Geographic)


Ireland- where many of my ancestors are from. I've even been working on me Irish accent, lads and lassies. Tho' me father din't understand why, me son does. So he'll be goin' with me, should I ever get ther.
Cliffs and castles and sunsets. Oh my.
Ireland: Where every other child is a ginger. And they have ponies.
Italy: Historical, romantic, delicious. 
Venice. Boats and Gandoliers... romance and beauty!

Rome... ancient ruins and all that old art stuff Dan Brown enticed me with in "Angels and Demons"
 France-- ahhh... France. I've wanted to go there for as long as I can remember. Vive La France! Paris, of course- the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, etc., but really, the whole country.
You have GOT to be kidding me with those houses...
Versailles. Do you think they have an empty room I could sleep in for a month or two?
Imagine strolling past L'Arc Du Triomphe each day.

 Hawaii- this has become my new secret great dream, though I think once I get there, I won't want to ever come home, so I may have to wait until I'm done raising kids to go there anyway. I can't imagine any place on Earth more heavenly. 
'Nuff said.
 There are other places, but these are my top spots I dream about. Especially when it's January and I start getting cabin fever. Where do you want to go?

No comments: