Monday, February 3, 2014

Anxiety Adventures: Part 6: Amazement

I'm about a month into my medication and I have already felt a difference. It sort of dawned on me last Saturday that, although I could have laid down and taken a nap, I just... wasn't that tired. This is like a miracle for me. I have spent nearly every single day for the last 15 years desperately wishing I could take a nap. 


Every afternoon, I have felt such a heavy, ponderous fatigue-- pressure behind my eyes, pressure in my forehead, foggy thoughts, and just a feeling of being completely drained, that to realize I hadn't felt that for a few days felt like the Heavens had opened and the angels were singing. 

Sounds like hyperbole, but seriously, I am shocked. 

And it's early in my treatment. My doctor says she's thrilled that I've noticed a difference already, especially since I'm on the lowest dose of Venlafaxine that they prescribe. 

While the insomnia has still visited me every couple of nights (side effect), I still have not had my normal crushing fatigue in a week now. 



A WEEK WITHOUT FATIGUE!!!

This is amazing. Mind-blowingly amazing. 

Usually, it takes about 6 weeks for the medicine to fully be effective, so I have yet to make a final determination about whether this is a good solution for my problems, but the biggest issue I have dealt with for all these years has been fatigue, and to already see some relief from that makes me happier than I can even express.

Tiredness is not 100% gone, but now it feels more like normal, I-didn't-get-enough-sleep tiredness and not, I-think-my-brain-is-melting fatigue. 

Huzzah! I will keep you posted of any further developments. For now I'm happy with the results so far.

No comments: