Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Favorite Things

Some of my new favorite things:

Yukon Gold Potatoes 
Last fall, my sister-in-law told me about her neighbor who sells farm-grown potatoes in big 25 lb. bags. I went out and bought a bag of red and a bag of Yukon Gold, on my Sister-in-Law's recommendation. Oh my gosh, they are good. I've decided they are so far superior to good old Idaho russets that I've started looking for them at the grocery store... yep. Because we've already gone through 25 pounds of potatoes.They are delicious! 

I haven't baked any yet (we don't eat baked potatoes very often), but we have used them in soups and mashed them multiple times. I've also made homemade chips with them, which were eaten within seconds of coming out of the oven. Chopped, they hold their shape better than Russets, so they don't go all mushy in soup, but they mash up beautifully with butter & milk and the flavor? Delightful. You know how russets can be kind of plain? These actually have FLAVOR. One of these days, we'll make them into fries, too, and I anticipate they will be excellent as well.

Grooveshark
I was beginning to be very frustrated with Grooveshark, after I forgot my user name and password and could not recover them. I tried, like, 5 times to reset it and then it still wasn't working. So I shot off an email to their support people, fully expecting a computer-generated response of no helpfulness. This is what I said: 

I can't get into my account, I tried resetting the password multiple times and I tried creating a new account, and was told that I already have one with that email.

Is this because I'm on a Mac?

It's very frustrating to take the time to build a playlist, save it and then to not be able to get back in and access it. I don't know what the heck is going on, but I'm about done trying. I'll just use Pandora or IHeartRadio or Spotify if you can't resolve this for me. :( 

 To my happy surprise, this is the reply I got. From a real person no less!

Make sure you reply at the top of the email (otherwise, it will look really funky in our support system)!


Hi Stephanie, thank you for using Grooveshark. I went ahead and reset your password for you.

Your credentials are:

Username: XXXXXXX
Password: XXXXXXX
Email: XXXXXXX@gmail.com

Let me know if these work, I would love to help!

Patrick

FEB 04, 2013  |  05:00PM UTC
 
Totally cool, right? And it even works! It isn't really X's. It's actually real stuff, I just didn't want to publish my private account information on this blog. I was so impressed by their fast, efficient customer service! I really do prefer Grooveshark to Pandora and Iheartradio simply because I don't like commercials. But it's a little more work, because I have to pick and choose my songs. Now I've just got to decide what I want to listen to and keep adding it to my playlists... hmm... maybe...

This Video
I haven't really spent the time watching all of his videos, but this one recently circulated on Facebook and it is just too priceless not to share. He calls himself "Kid President" and this is his Pep Talk. Which we all could use right now. 


Peanut Butter M&Ms
Is there anything better? 
Seriously. They are even better than a Reese's PB cup. I like to put them in a baggie with pretzels so I can pretend I'm having something moderately healthy (like trail mix). Mostly, though, I like to just fill the pocket of my hoodie with them and munch. Kriss bought me a big bag for Valentine's Day and I confess they are almost gone-- it's only the 18th.

1 comment:

Diane Cottrell said...

So peanut butter m&m's are my favorite as well. I got a bag for Valentine's Day and it lasted about two days. So you are better than me. I really need to give Grooveshark a try:)