Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Three Cool Things 11/20/13

I am so in love with this, I'm seriously tempted to buy it for myself for Christmas. First today is a gorgeous re-printing of the whole series of Harry Potter books. The artist, Kazu Kibuishi, perhaps best known for his excellent graphic novels "Amulet", "Flight" and "Copper", was asked by Scholastic (according to this article) to draw new covers for these books, and I think they are stunning. The paperback boxed set is available for purchase through Scholastic for $49 (which I can order for you-- I have an educator's account) or from Amazon for $58.50



Powered by Cincopa
Scroll through the images and you'll see why I think they are so enchanting. The scenes are breathtaking, colorful, and just gorgeous. I'm spreading it on thick, I know, but it's sincere. In fact, I wish I had posters of them all, including the spines and the box.

Second is Amazon's Wish List feature. If you haven't begun using it, I recommend you get going in time for holiday shopping. Amazon allows you to make multiple lists, so you could make one for your own wishes, and another for things you want to get for your kids or household or job, or whatever! You can even make your list public so that your parents or spouse or friends can access it and find gifts they know you'll like. I love this kind of thing. Lists make me happy anyway, but especially lists of things I'm dreaming of buying!


The third cool thing of the day is easily the coolest geek-themed site on the internet. Think Geek is my favorite place to shop for inside-joke t-shirts and collectibles. I bought my son the fail whale shirt and the rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock shirt, and I bought myself the blue canary nightlight. They have toys, gadgets, apparel, collectibles, and more. Star Trek, Superheroes, The Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who, Minecraft, it's all there, and then some. And they frequently run specials with a % off or BOGO or free shipping. Happy shopping!

No comments: