Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hung Over

I saw something on Pinterest today that said it was a list of "15 book titles to help you get over your Hunger Games hangover" (or something like that-- I paraphrase...). It occurred to me that I've been suffering all week from said "Hunger Games" hangover! I saw the film on Monday, wrote about it on Tuesday (read all about it here) and have spent the rest of the week thinking about it. Weirdness! I have been known to get a little bit obsessed... when I first read the "Wheel of Time" books, I searched up everything I could find on the web about them and I talked about them, thought about them, dreamed about them... it was silly... and I have a certain ongoing fondness for the last handful of awesome Superhero movies-- I read about them, I watch trailers, my kids and I discuss them, but I'm not obsessed with "The Hunger Games"! I swear I'm not. I only mildly liked the books, for one thing, and for another, although I really enjoyed the movie, it wasn't that good... well, maybe it was.


I think my hangover stems from the eye candy link from Liam Hemsworth to his Thor-playing brother, Chris Hemsworth, who I have a bit of a celebrity crush on. For the moment. I learned today that he (along with Josh Hutcherson, oddly) will be in the remake of one of the worst films I've ever seen, "Red Dawn". Ugh... hopefully he'll redeem himself in "The Avengers" and the "Snow White and the Huntsman".



No comments: